Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Fifties Dresses No 4 and 5, and some of the real thing..

Dresses No 4 and 5 means I'm nearly half way through the 12 dresses for the Dress Me Up quilt.

No 4, in blue, must be going somewhere special as her beau has brought her a corsage to wear.

While No 5  is in green with some variegated hail spots.
It's been interesting to look through some old albums with black and white photos of family and friends in the 1950s  to see how fashionable they were when compared to these imaginary creations.

Fresh flower corsages were a regular feature of special occasions.
Spots of various sizes, sleeveless dresses, front button openings,

Waists alway belted - 
All of these dresses were home made.

Another special moment recently was when I opened a parcel from my fabric pen-pal to find this lovely zippered  carry-all.


Just perfect for holding the essential supplies which are common to all projects. I take my embroidery with me to so many places and invariably find I've left something behind.  This solves the problem!

2 comments:

  1. wowsers! aren't you coming along so splendidly with these dresses?

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these dresses. Stitched and real. Wish this style would come back.

    ReplyDelete