Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Civil War Quilt Blocks - Log Cabin

After the stress trying to put together the last few Civil War Quilt blocks it seemed so strange to be working with simple right angles.  Sheer joy. So this is what I whipped up after breakfast this morning and it turned out the requisite 8 1/2" square.  There's a bit of an optical illusion but I've checked that all the strips are the right width.


Pattern taken from Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts

and a check of my understanding of the assembly method at Lillian's Cupboard

I've been doing a lot of reading lately and have been fascinated by three of Henning Mankell's books , this time ones not connected with the detective Wallander.  Am thoroughly enjoying translations of Scandavian crime fiction. So I recommend Henning Mankell's

The Return of the Dancing Master
Italian Shoes
The Man from Beijing.

A very thoughtful writer.

1 comment: